PR In A Week
This course is for you if:
- You’re a small business owner who wants to attract more customers
- You want to manage your own PR rather than hiring an agency
- You want to know what editors are really looking for
- You’re keen to build ongoing relationships with journalists
- You want to be seen as an expert in your field
- You need guidance to push your PR strategy forward with purpose
You can view this training at any time and complete lessons at your own pace – whenever you want and as many times as you want.
This course will help you approach the press. Here you will learn what journalists want, how you can become their preferred professional source and how to create an effective PR strategy that you can easily follow and manage in your own time. Plus you’ll discover how to use press coverage to drive traffic and sales leads to your business.
This is a 5 module course designed to be completed in one week.
By the end of these lessons you will have the confidence to approach journalists with a clear pitch and be able to communicate the unique selling points of your business.
DAY 1: Define Your Business Story – Every business has a story to tell but it can be tricky to identify what makes your business newsworthy. You will learn how to identify the key stories in your business that the media will be interested in.
DAY 2: Think Like An Editor – What do editors look for? How and when do they want to hear from you? You will learn what journalists look for from small businesses. Plus insider tips about how to approach them, and what tactics to avoid!
DAY 3: Write Your Pitch – How to write emails that journalists want to read and how to move forward after a pitch rejection. You will write your own pitch with help from my draft pitch templates.
DAY 4: Develop Media Relationships – You will learn how to identify media contacts that are relevant for your business. Then target and begin developing relationships with them.
DAY 5: Manage Your Own PR – How to plan your future PR strategy so you can comfortably secure coverage going forward.
Learn How To Secure Media Coverage - in one week
- You will be given access to videos, set tasks, advice and tips. All video workshops are pre-recorded.
- This training costs £249 – made payable via Stripe or Pay Pal.
- You’ll have ongoing access to this course (for a year), so you can refer back to it as you like.